Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Turkey Meatballs

These meatballs are great with spaghetti or by themselves. I often serve them along with lentil soup (recipe to come soon). They also freeze well, so they can serve as a great meal or snack when you need something quick and easy!

TURKEY MEATBALLS

Ingredients:
1 lb. ground turkey
1 egg, beaten
1 small onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbs. parsley flakes
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. basil
1 tsp. salt
1/2 c. gluten-free bread crumbs or crushed crackers (optional)*

Directions:
Combine all ingredients. Shape into balls (about 1 inch each). Broil on high for 9 min.; flip to other side and return to oven for 4 min. OR cook at 350° for about 25 min or until cooked through.

* I often add these for a slightly bready taste and moister texture, but the meatballs work fine without these as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!! If you have a story or recipe you would like me to share, please email me at glutenfreecheapskate@gmail.com. If you would like to make a recipe request, please leave a comment or drop me an email, and I will do my best to oblige. :-)