BASIC SAUSAGE FRITTATA
½ lb. ground sausage
1 small onion
1 small green pepper
¼ c. milk
1/8 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
½ c. cheese (optional)
1. In a large, oven-safe frying pan, cook sausage over medium high heat. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
2. Using the same pan with reserved sausage drippings, saute onion and green pepper for about 1-2 minutes, till beginning to soften but not yet tender.
3. Meanwhile, lightly beat eggs in a small bowl with a fork or whisk. Add milk, salt and pepper.
4. Return sausage to pan and mix with veggies. Reduce heat to medium. Add egg mixture and cook for about 4-5 minutes, until eggs appear to be well set underneath. (They can still be runny at the top.)
5. Heat oven broiler to 450°. Place pan on middle rack of oven. Cook for about 5-7 more minutes, or until top of frittata has set. If you can eat dairy and want to add cheese, add it after frittata has set and cook under broiler for a few more minutes, till cheese is melted.
6. For a slight crisp on top (if it is not crisp already), move pan up to top rack and cook for 1-2 minutes more, until beginning to turn a light golden brown. (Keep your eye on it, because it can burn quickly!) Allow to cool for about 15 minutes before slicing.
Note: This is my own recipe, so if you try this, please let me know if you have any problems or can think of any improvements!