Saturday, March 12, 2011

Pamela's Blueberry Pancakes

These are made using the recipe on the back of the Pamela's Baking and Pancake Mix bag (recipe available here). For blueberry pancakes, I add 1/2 c. frozen blueberries, a tsp. of lemon juice, and about 2 tbs. extra pancake mix (because the condensation on the frozen blueberries thins the batter a little). Pamela's suggests adding the berries just before flipping, but I don't see a problem with adding them right into the batter. I saw an episode of "Throwdown with Bobby Flay" recently where Bobby added the blueberries to his batter and the challenger added them on the griddle, and Bobby's pancakes won, so... ;-)


I am mostly adding this post and picture to give hope to those who may just be starting out on the gluten-free diet. You can still eat great food!! These pancakes happen to be the best I've ever had, with or without gluten. (Except maybe IHOP... but I bet if I cooked these with butter instead of cooking spray, they would be just as good!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!! If you have a story or recipe you would like me to share, please email me at glutenfreecheapskate@gmail.com. If you would like to make a recipe request, please leave a comment or drop me an email, and I will do my best to oblige. :-)