Monday, March 14, 2011

Taco Seasoning

Copied from allrecipes.com: Taco Seasoning I. Since taco seasoning packets very often contain dairy and/or gluten, I have found this recipe to be a very useful alternative. This recipe makes the equivalent of one packet.

TACO SEASONING

Ingredients:
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon black pepper*

Directions:
In a small bowl, mix together all ingredients. Store in an airtight container.

* I reduce the amount of pepper to 1/4 or 1/2 tsp. to make it less spicy for my kids. It's plenty flavorful either way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!! If you have a story or recipe you would like me to share, please email me at glutenfreecheapskate@gmail.com. If you would like to make a recipe request, please leave a comment or drop me an email, and I will do my best to oblige. :-)