Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Four-Bean Taco Chili

I can't believe it's been nearly 3 weeks since I last posted. Oops.

I also can't believe I haven't posted this recipe yet. It has been one of my favorites for several years, and was the only chili recipe I used until I discovered the turkey chili that I posted a while back. As you may have noticed with that recipe, I believe that chili should contain beans. But it should also contain a good portion of meat. This chili does both just right. It does not have the nice variety of vegetables that the other one contains, but it is still delicious and hearty. And I LOVE how quickly it comes together (around 20 minutes from start to finish). I often like to serve it mixed with brown rice, but it tastes great alone, too!


FOUR-BEAN TACO CHILI

Ingredients:
2 lbs. ground beef
3 cans (8 oz each) tomato sauce
2 c. water
1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 can great northern beans, drained and rinsed
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can butter beans, drained and rinsed
1 can (8 oz.) tomato paste
1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes
1 can (4 oz.) chopped green chiles (optional)
2 tsp. each cumin, chili powder, and salt

Directions:
In a large pot, brown and drain beef. Combine all ingredients in pot. Boil, reduce heat and simmer 5 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!! If you have a story or recipe you would like me to share, please email me at glutenfreecheapskate@gmail.com. If you would like to make a recipe request, please leave a comment or drop me an email, and I will do my best to oblige. :-)